03 May 2007

Can it be true???


That I would be privileged enough to be NOW be Maile's MOMMY??? I get tears in my eyes when I look into her BIG BROWN EYES, her sweet littl' face, her littl' arm hug my neck and hold me tight when it's bedtime and I am rocking her to sleep. I just CANNOT believe she is HERE with us and it's FOREVER. I sing to her at nap/ bedtime and for this short season, she ONLY wants ME to rock, sing or lay her to sleep. She will CRY when Daddy or Grandma offer to rock her with a bottle. I am just so honored she feels SAFE enough with me to cuddle, snuggle and let me HOLD HER as she drifts off to dreamland.

Maile is REALLY taking off on speaking English...she is understanding more and trying to say words. In her sweet, littl' 2 years old voice...she now knows four, bive, seck (4,5,6)...we are not quite to a dancer's "5,6,7,8..." but she loves to collect, stack, hold, hide, throw anything she can hold in her tiny hands. She will take anyone's hand (NOW even Samuel's hand :-)) to the pantry to get her a rice cracker, dried apricot, pretzel, etc...She LOVES grapes and bananas, but WILL NOT eat YOGURT if I sneak any COTTAGE CHEESE in it!!! How does she know??? She is such a smart whipper-snapper...

Maile has even done some sign language, starting YESTERDAY May 1st, she did "MORE" "EAT" and "PLEASE" all together :). It was so sweet, even tho' she repeated what we did/ said, she DID IT...and then "THANK YOU" as well!!! Then she jumped up and down with a big ol' grin with such pride in herself. Our hearts just MELT to see her shine and her spirit soar as she gains confidence and trust in us!!!

Another "FAVORITE" moment before I close for tonight, is when I tell Maile, "Mommy LOVES You!!!" She responds back to me in question form, "Ma Yeu Cong?" (But she says it like: "Ma YEEWW-EEE Cong???" with her mouth gaping open!) It's the CUTEST thing to see her do it in person.... When she is drifting off to sleep and I say it, she muttles it but can't quite get the words out, so precious!!!

I have returned back to the dance studio more and Maile has done fairly well with OUT me. Daddy has been able to come home early to relieve Grandma Duty, but I LOVE how Maile gets SO EXCITED to see me!!! She won't let me out of her sight once I am home. I wonder what goes on in that littl' mind when I'm gone, out of sight- out of mind?? I miss her so much when I am gone, not sure Maile misses me?? Attachment with TODDER ADOPTION is soooo different than birthchildren...really the OPPOSITE than we naturally think is "normal or healthy." Does she REALLY know HER MOMMY is gone and WILL come back? Hmmmm...

Oh my goodness, I am just so humbled and in love with this AMAZING LITTLE LIFE that God has entrusted to us. THANK YOU GOD for making Maile for US!!!!!

Forever changed, Forever in love with my sweet BABIES...all 3 of them! Wow...(that sounds like a lot of kids, hard to believe I REALLY am the MOMMY of 3 now, esp. growing up as a "Lonely Only.")

LOVE YOU Sweet baby girl!!!! XO Your Mommy FOREVER! XO

1 comment:

Willis said...

I am glad you finally posted again. I've been wanting to hear an update on our sweet Maile. I'd love to see some pictures, too. Rocco is growing (hair and all. . . he's getting his first haircut today). He now knows how to climb stairs, so it's time to put up the fences in our home. He took one step toward me last week all by himself. I hope you got the pictures I sent you. Take care. Miss you guys so much, Heather