23 April 2007

NEW WEEK....NEW JOYS....

THANK YOU for the overwhelming kindness you have shown me last week in prayers, comments, emails, phone calls re. the "mean mom comments." My heart is still hurt, but it's time to move on...You're RIGHT, I will not and cannot let ONE mean, unhappy lady bring us down...I have let time pass to NOT say what I REALLY want to say/ do to this mom and pray if/ when I see her in person, God will give me the right words.

We continue to be in awe of Maile, she is so sweet, funny and SASSY!!! She KNOWS what she wants and isn't very shy about telling us at times!!! GREAT to see her LAUGH and GIGGLE in person...she's got quite a personality, quite spunky and sassy when she wants to be, but so sweet and shy at times too!!!! She LOVES Joseph and looks forward to his arrival from school, Samuel...well, still working on him. He tries so hard but maybe his "goofy-ness" scares her??? She still YELLS when he gets too close, which only makes him laugh...and then he does it again to get the same, if not louder reaction!

Maile is even getting used to "Ba" (Daddy) again and she even reached out to him several times over the weekend and they played, walked around, read, etc... Bedtime, I usually put her down, but if she will not sleep and fidgets too much...she will reluntantly go with Daddy and she cries herself to sleep (in his arms) before heading to her crib. I pray she continues to attach to Daddy, it's "baby steps" and somedays are better than others. Same with GRANDMA, she is hot and cold with her depending on how happy, hungry, tired she may be....I have NOT left her at all since meeting her 5 weeks ago. She will NOT let anyone put her down for NAP TIME and cries if she doesn't see me when she wakes up from naps. Only a few times have I snuck upstairs while she was distracted with playing with Joseph. She will have to be at the DANCE studio with me when I return in May. I am THANKFUL she has attached to me...not sure if she believes I'm her FOREVER MOMMY, but at least she likes to be with me/ by my side!

I will end this entry on 10 WAYS I KNOW Maile is a GIRLY-GIRL :)
  1. Maile plays with her purse that Aunt Michelle gave her & puts coupons in it!!!
  2. Maile talks on her pretend (& Mommy's) CELL PHONE - puts it up to her EAR!
  3. Maile LOVES to have GLITTER on like Mommy!
  4. Maile opens her lips when I put my lip gloss on for her to have some on too!!!
  5. Maile wipes her mouth & place setting when she spills
  6. Maile struts her stuff, wagging her arms & elbows when she walks! Very Confident & Determined....
  7. Maile points to her eyes & closes them to have put mascara on her eyes!
  8. Maile puts on her socks & shoes by her self (usually the wrong feet :)) and is ready to go OUTSIDE!
  9. Maile will POINT OUT in her closet which DRESS she wants to wear!
  10. Maile KNOWS how to tell the Boys "NO!!!" with OUT saying a WORD!!! (You go girl, good for you!!)

Still cannot believe we have MAILE HOME forever, Kim-Lan

No comments: