18 April 2007

Heartbroken...

I am really angry, but more heartbroken, because of the realization of how MEAN some people can be...I am trying to shake the comments that ring in my head from this one dancer's mom that said the meanest comments to me regarding my baby girl last night! I will keep her name anonynmous, even tho' I KNOW she would not read my blog, but if she DID--she KNOWS who she is.

While I will NOT let one, MEAN spirited person still my JOY of my getting my SWEET BABY GIRL (that took us 2 years to get,) I just cannot believe a person can be so cruel to say that to a new mom who JUST ADOPTED!!! Her blurting out her ill-filled comments really shows me HER HEART (or lack of one.) It's like telling a NEW MOM who is 4 weeks post-partum who JUST DELIVERED a baby, "Your baby is UGLY!" It really hurt my heart and was totally uncalled for!!!

I feel sorry for this VERY UNHAPPY mom who had to throw such mean comments to me to have me stoop to her level...


I don't know what else to say...any suggestions, let me know...I feel like crawling into my shell. Now I wonder if anyone REALLY does care about our adoption and our baby girl!???

Sick to my stomach & with tears in my eyes, Kim-Lan

7 comments:

Jessica said...

That sounds to me that she may think there is something wrong with adopting and does nto want her kid exposed... I would haev politely said right then and there" I am so sorry to hear you feel that way. Apparently thisis not the studio for you please take your business elsewhere."

Regina said...

Kim-Lan, I am so sorry for this awful experience! You are so kind hearted and I hate that someone has taken a wonderful event in your life and turned it into something to use against you! Please know that God is in control of this situation and He will give you the strength, the courage, the words to say and not to say and will guard your heart against hurtful words. I pray that He will give you a sense of peace and comfort and will erase these hurtful words from your mind.

God bless you and Maile!

Anonymous said...

She was just lashing out in frustration. Don't let her get to you! She obviously doesn't realize the gift of being really involved in life, of knowing and caring for and loving the people around you, rather than just going through life not bothering or caring about anything or anyone. I always think how fortunate we are to be at a studio where we have real relationships with the teachers because they genuinely care about their students and share their lives with us! We love you Kim-Lan and we feel privileged to have shared a little bit of your amazing journey with you!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Kim Lan,

Even though I do not know you well, reading your blog and following your journey has been a true blessing to me. Watching God's plan unfold for you and your family has been a pleasure and I thank you for letting God use you in such an amazing way. I pray that God will continue to bless each of you. Be encouraged and don't let anyone steal your joy.

Blessings!

Denise Gambrell (Jordyn's Mom)

Anonymous said...

I know that when someone says something hurtful like that,it can take over your mind. Always remember for every one person who is unkind that there are many more who are happy and proud for you and Maile.

Nancy Johnson (Anna Mulliez's grandmother)

Willis said...

Girlfriend, you know that WE, (Jason, Heather, and Rocco) care TREMENDOUSLY about your adoption. . . and so do countless others. Don't let one cold heart get you down. I know that is easier said that done. I can only imagine what I'd do if someone said that about Rocco. You are one of the most upbeat, sweetest, Christian girlfriends that I have in this world! I know that God cares about your adoption, too. He believes so much in adoption He gave up His life to adopt us into his forever family. Just remember, we reap what we sow. If this unfortunately miserable person is sowing unkind seed, they will come back to bite her. In the mean time, just remember to be kind to her. This will only heap coals of fire upon her head. (see Proverbs) If that means politely telling her to take her business elsewhere, so be it. Hang in there and KEEP TELLING THE WORLD ABOUT YOUR BEAUTIFUL MAILE!!

Love, Baby Lou (Heather)

Anonymous said...

I don't know you. I just linked to your blog from a high school friend's adoption blog and I care about your adopting that pretty baby girl. Do not let a mean comment steal your joy. She was obviously upset about a whole other issue and going for the jugular just to hurt you. Phooey on her and lucky you for that precious gift from God.
Amy from Texas