12 March 2007

Chao Ban Again from Saigon!!!

It's MON PM here in Saigon - around 7:30pm...anxiously anticipating our 7 hrs. drive to Ninh Thuan to see our babies for the first time tomorrow!!! We will be leaving at 6AM on Tues (which is 12 hrs. AHEAD of CST, so 6pm MON in TEXAS). I could not have asked/ prayed for better family to share this experience with other than Jason & Heather (getting their 1 yr. old boy - first born son for them!!!) They have been incredible, kind, friendly and feel like we've known them forever...we are blessed to share this bond & auspicious occasion of getting our babies together!!!

Heather & I are hangin' checkin' emails/ blogs...we have had a blast "resting" today filled with getting manicures, pedicures, massages & best of all, SHOPPING for GREAT deals...any ONE who knows me, knows I LOVE a GREAT deal!!!! If it's 200,000 dongs...then I will not get it unless I can get it for at least half that! Heather, Don & I were partners in crime buying watches, purses, shoes, etc...and it's ONLY the first FULL day here in Saigon, oh my!!!!

I cannot wait to get Maile in hand & shop with her to see what size she is...we got an update from Thomas today after filling out our I-600 form that Maile is about 29.5" tall and 21.5#...so I think (& hope) her 12 mos. clothes will fit for now but I predict she will grow quickly into 18 mos. this summer with some PROTEIN & VEGETABLES...the main things lacking from her rice/ noodle soup & milk & very littl' fruit- diet!!! We got an update on her schedule & she is up around 5-6am (YIKES) and goes to bed around 9pm with a bottle & still takes naps :) - (YEAH)...and plays in between...with what I am not sure, since they do NOT have anything!!!

I know the upcoming days will be EMOTIONAL to say the least and surreal for a while...to see pictures of our sweet baby girl, day in and day out, over and over again for 5 mos. now, I just cannot believe she will be LIVE & IN PERSON tomorrow for my eyes to see....I get chills EVERY time thinking about it...

THANK YOU for allowing me to share with you this 3rd generation adoption (YES, I said 3rd generation - MY MOM was adopted too domestically) and then me from Saigon, VN and to make a FULL CIRCLE back to VIETNAM to bring home a daughter is more than this happy heart can handle...Here's a littl' poem I wrote a month or so ago:

LOVE'S FULL CIRCLE:
Kim-Lan, adopted into America, the "Land of the Free..."
Destined to be Sandy's littl' girl for the world to see.
VIETNAM bound: Don & Kim-Lan have traveled to get their angel from above...
THANK YOU for celebrating in Maile Noel Thuy Carlson, a gift of God's LOVE!!!!!

To God be all the glory, signing off until we see Maile for the FIRST time...Ms. Saigon
"In love, He predestined us to be ADOPTED as His children through Jesus Christ..." Eph. 1:5

1 comment:

Casey said...

I have butterflies just thinking about you being in Ninh Thuan tomorrow and meeting Maile for the first time. I am SO SO SO excited for you guys!!! We're praying for you and can't wait to see pictures of Maile with her wonderful parents!!