11 March 2007

WE ARE HERE IN SAIGON, VIETNAM!!!!

I think it's like 1am now on the 12th of March!??? We have just landed after traveling for over 24 hrs. I did NOT take a watch and I was so confused on what time it was in Texas, Seoul, Saigon, what day it was, how much longer on the flight, etc.... Exhaustion has filled my body but joy & excitement race through in anticipation of the next few days.

We found Heather & Jason from SC (who will be traveling with us to NT to get 1 y/ o boy) & then also Carla & Mike from OK (they will go to Vinh Long to get 3 y/o boy) - at DFW airport...all on the same flights! We will meet Rachel & Tim from SD for breakfast in a few hours (going to Vinh Long -to get 3 y/o girl) breakfast.)

Our lay over was more than stressful trying to transfer planes & get through security with ONE LINE & then running in my FLIP FLOPS to the end of the terminal to get to gate 41!!!! Now, I realize why I always wear tennis shoes when traveling and don't know why I didn't this time... I will be buying a pair today & a WATCH!!! Like my littl' Sammy, I love to know the numbers...what time is it here and in TX???

I was teary-eyed on the plane reading again through Maile's birth mother's paperwork on the plane...just as I embark on being Maile's FOREVER Mommy, I know it is ONLY because of the LOVE of her birthmother that we have this little life soon-to-be in our arms!!! Maile's birth mom took her to Ninh Thuan Orphanage ONE day before she turned 18 mos. old on June 12 of 2006...Her birth mother's b-day is Sept 4, right between mine & Joseph's...so many thoughts/ emotions run through my head...what was the decision like for that moment of Maile's birth mother to say, "ok, I want a better/ longer life for you...I give you a new opportunity with another family..." Oh my heart aches for her, a face I will never meet but a heart I can pray for always... I hope somehow, someway the orphanage can relay to her that Maile is going to a GOOD HOME filled with LOVE, big brothers & resources to reach her fullest potential. I just want her birthmom to know that, I can only pray she will know that in her heart someday...

Landing at 11:30pm in Saigon on Sun 3/11...we were all so relieved to meet Minh, Thomas & Tinh greeting us with a Dillon sign among the 100's, I mean 100's of people greeting their family members!!! It's quite a sight to see...you feel like a celebrity but in reality you are a peon in a foreign land, helpless & looking for someone to understand English... I got teary eyed again when the emotions flooded me of realizing I was "back HOME" again to see my homeland and this time return with a littl' girl in hand...WOW...It felt like I was just here and yet a year ago...a lifetime of events have happened in between as well... We will look forward to meeting up again with Phat from MY adoption agency (AIAA) & Viet who was our tour guide on my Motherland Tour last March 2006.

I cannot believe STILL this is happening, it's surreal...all I have to say before signing off is "Maile: we are HERE and we are coming to get you sweet baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!" Each moment we are closer :) ...March 13th & 14th will be days I will NEVER forget...meeting Maile for the first time & then having her "Forever Ours" on the 14th!

Michelle & friends: PLEASE tell my mom & the boys we LOVE them & HUG 'em around the necks for us! My heart broke to see Samuel cry on our send off...PLEASE just tell them how much we love them & that we are so proud of them!!!!! Our mission will soon be accomplished and we'll be bringing their littl' sister HOME!!!!

Signing off for now as I will TRY to get some rest for the adventure that awaits us, Ms. Saigon

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Kim-Lan and Don,

I am CRYING reading your post - I have been thinking about you all day and I am glad to know you are there safely! Praying for you and sending lots of love.

Mandy

Jewels by Jewls said...

I'm so glad to read you've made it safely!! Will be praying for you guys while you're gone and your little men (and your mom) at home!

Will be reading and watching your blog while you're gone.

God bless!
Julie

Heather said...

Kim-Lan,

I'm so happy to see that all of you made it to VN and are settling in. Blessings to you as you make your way to Ninh Thuan and your daughter. Tell Thomas that Michael and Heather say "Hi!"

Heather H.

Kerrie (aka Zak's mom!) said...

Kim-Lan! We are so excited that you and the other couples made it safely to Vietnam! We are praying for you as you go get your baby girl! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Wow, what a great post! I can only imagine all of the emotions running through your body as you embark on this wonderful journey to bring your little girl home. The same journey that you also took when you were young. It is just so amazing. What a great bond to share with your child. I am so happy that Malie will be meeting her forever mommy soon :o)

P.S. If you see Sophie Le, tell her we will be there soon!! And we love her lots!!

Laura said...

I'm so excited for you to finally meet Maile, but heartbroken for you too over leaving your bio babies in tears. I have to say I'm dreading that part =(. Soon you'll all be united, and what a homecoming that will be!!!

Regina said...

Ms. Saigon, I wandered over here to your blog after reading your email from Encore, WOW, I am so thankful that I did! I have so enjoyed reading about your upcoming journey and now your Final Journey to receive your precious little girl! I will be thinking of you and praying for you as you together start this journey of love and hope for this sweet little life.

Regina (Kierstin, Maci and Chloe's Mom!)