17 June 2008

2nd Season comes to a close...

Wow, hard to believe how time flies and the last entry was so long ago...I have been sooooo crazy, busy, and crazy busy :) with my DANCE studio's year-end Student Concert. We have boldly celebrated the ministry of DANCE in a Frisco ISD H.S. and it was ALL God to put it all together... There were little glitches in each of our 3 shows (!!) we hosted on SAT June 14th, but all in all, God ROCKED the House!

Here's a few of our Co. dancers at our last audition that will be joining us next Season. I cannot wait to see God work through us for HIS glory!!! I firmly believe in more and more in my life that GOD does have a plan for us, if we are OBEDIENT to the Calling..."For I KNOW the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..." Jer. 29:11

This season's theme was "Dancin' with JOY" and I hope and pray our DANCERS felt the JOY we have for them as well as God as we teach them about Christ & dance steps along the way too! :)


I had to publically apologize at each concert that my fear is to forget a DANCER'S name in the program. While I proofed the 24 page program as well as my husband and Ms. Michelle, NO ONE picked up the absence of MY SONS name in the program!!! Joseph looked at the final proof and in 10 secs. said, "Mommy, how come our names are NOT in the program?" I said, "WHAT???" Ugh... Well, I guess I lost the Mother of the Year for that one...I'm SO SORRY Joseph & Samuel...please forgive me. I am so inadequate and underserving to be your Mommy and yet God humbles me and blesses me DAILY with your presence in my life!!! THANK YOU for being the incredibly precious, young men whom love their Mommy and learning to serve & follow our Mighty God. I LOVE YOU FOREVER....

Desiree Chapman with Just One Year (JOY) Photography took these sweet pictures of my crew & our "adopted" littl' brother, Matthew (Michelle's son) whom tapped to SPIDERMAN & Miss Maile made her debut in BALLET with "Me & My Teddy Bear" and TAP "Thank Heaven for Littl' Girls" dance! I was soooo proud of her for NOT crying and freaking out on me as she has in the past. She seemed to soak up the lights, stage and opportunity to wear GLITTER....is she HAND PICKED for us or what!??? Again, I'm humbled and blessed by her life in ours... "Trust in the Lord with all your heart...in ALL your ways acknowledge Him & He will direct your paths..." Prov. 3:5-6


During the last picture weekend at Encore Centre for DANCE, I tried to get a few action shots... The last time I had a picture of doing a side leap like this was jumping on a bed in a N.Y. Hotel when I WAS a Co. DANCER. Ha ha...that was many moons ago, I'm surprised I could walk after this photo shoot.

Here's to another season that awaits us in the coming weeks. However, I am enjoying a little reprieve and I am JOYfully looking forward to a family vacation to see OUR BUDDY ROCCO (& his parents) in GA that was Maile's littl' orphanage friend in VIETNAM over a year ago! I wonder if they will recognize each other??? We CANNOT wait to see their family as we share the BOND of getting our babies from Vietnam and celebrating ROCCO'S FIRST b-day when heading HOME with his FOREVER Family, last March 29, 2007!!!

We will see you soon Buddy! Love & Miss you... xo Kim-Lan & crew

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Willis said...

I've checked your blog weekly for 3 months and was excited to finally see an update. I thought you quit blogging for good. I'm so glad your concert went well and it's over. I know it was stressful for you. Maybe now you can relax and get ready for the big trip to GA!

Heather