14 March 2008

FOREVER OURS day Today!!! 14 March 2007

14 March 2008
TODAY we celebrate our ONE YEAR anniversary of getting Maile Noel Thuy Trang Carlson --FOREVER in VIETNAM at this time. I so vividly remember the memories, anticipation and emotions racing through my body, heart and mind as we explored our new daughter and her/my homeland!!! WOW, what a difference ONE year makes. She has come out of her shell, so strong, silly, funny, independent and she can be SASSY too!!!! She instinctively knows how to whine, have drama fits and tantrums (in public) and get her Daddy & big brothers wrapped around her finger!!!! Maile amazes us on her English, the way she puts things back in place & in order and doesn't want to be left behind...really wants to be involved :) (she is LIKE her Mommy!!) Whenever I am talking to the boys' about getting something or going somewhere, Maile pipes in, "Maile too!!!!" or "NO Mommy Bye-bye!" It's so cute and precious how much SHE REALLY does understand!!!!
Thank you for your prayers, we still need them. Both Don & I are working FULL time (probably MORE than that!) and trying to find balance, peace and harmony in such a crazy, busy, fast-paced world. WE LOVED VIETNAM, the spirit of the people, their lifestyle...how SIMPLE and relaxed it was...time was no object and families sat around on the streets (literally) eating Pho (soup) & chatting in 100 degree with what felt like 110% humidity! It was surreal and humbling to see how RAW the Vietnamese people were, SO HAPPY with SO little!!!! God is working on me in many ways through this adoption, "training ME up in the way I should go...so when I'm old I won't depart from it!!?" I hope!!! I see my orphan eyes in hers often, the reflection is piercingly similar! I pray God equips me to endure and be prepared for the issues that will ultimately arrive from her adoption story as her heart questions & her history unfolds.
With so much anticipation of THIS Day, "Giving and Receiving" our children from the VIETNAMESE courts to our families forever - it would ALL become official in "their" eyes!!! :) Whew...Heather and I holding the CALENDAR date of the 14th in our hands after meeting with the Directors of the Ninh Thuan orphanage right before the ceremony!

Maile was so sleepy while waiting for the ceremony to begin...she ended sleeping THROUGH the WHOLE ceremony! At least we KNOW it happened and it is all official - and on record & in hard copy too :). I was amazed and honored she felt comfortable enough in my arms to trust herself to go to sleep...wow, this is ONLY on DAY 2 of meeting her & holding her for just a few hours!

After our G&R ceremony, we had our first "play date" of hanging out at the Pacific Ocean Beach and by our hotel pool side. You can see an awake Maile guarded and reserved to the "new life" that awaits her, wondering "WHAT IS GOING ON?" She did NOT speak or smile for DAYS. I will be posting more of her progress in the coming days as you see her BLOOM and open up lie a rose!!!

The evening of 14 March 2007, the VIETNAMESE workers/ directors from Ninh Thuan Orphanage threw us a big G&R ceremony party in style with 4-5 course meal and generously loving on us and congratulating us on taking their Ninh Thuan babies home forever!!! It was such a joyous celebration, it was bittersweet to let them hold Maile for their last time as my daughter remained confused on the whole situation. Overall, the evening was so enjoyable and humbled by the VN people's spirit of generosity, kindness, love & acceptance of us!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: