18 January 2008

NEW Year...NEW do for Kim-Lan!!

HELLO FRIENDS!!!! IT'S BEEN A BUSY ROLL INTO THE NEW YEAR FOR US!!!!

I HAD WANTED TO SHARE PHOTOS OF MY HAIR CUT, BUT COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO "EXPOSE" MYSELF UNTIL NOW....I HAVE SOME OTHER EXCITING PHOTOS TO SHARE...HENCE THE REASON TO POSTS THESE FIRST AS A PRELUDE!!!! TODAY, 18 JANUARY 2008, WAS A VERY EXCITING DAY FOR US...STAY TUNED. HERE'S PHOTOS OF THE BIG "HAIR CUT DAY" FOR KIM-LAN....ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO!!!



Me with "Lan" - Vietnamese hairdresser ready to cut 10" off for LOCKS of LOVE hair donation (hair to make wigs for children with Cancer). Friday 28 Dec. 2007!!!








Oh my goodness, there goes my hair off....one lump sum!!! NO turning back now!!!!

I'm a little sad and definitely in SHOCK that it's done....yikes!!! It was suppose to be 10" - we measured it when we got home, it was 11.5-12" OFF!!!!!! Double Yikes! Plus another INCH to style and we're at about 13" OFF my head, 1/2 pound lighter and ONE cold neck! Ha.... :)




Maile wondering who is standing to her? Sounds like "Mommy" but doesn't look like Mommy!!! This is the SHORTEST my hair has been in over 10 YEARS!!!! I am getting more used to it, but has been a process of getting used to, grief, joy & happiness to donate as well....

Mung Chuc Nam Moi = Happy New Year (Vietnamese)

With love & joy for the New Year,
Ms. Saigon & crew

Posted by Picasa

No comments: