10 April 2007

Look how far we've come in just 4 WEEKS!!!!


Yahoooooo, I finally got some pictures from our amazing adventures from seeing Maile for the FIRST TIME, 4 weeks ago TODAY (on March 13!!!) Wow, it feels like a LIFETIME ago already that we went from DFW to Seoul, then onto Saigon. Then a 7 hrs. trek to Ninh Thuan to get Maile and then back to Saigon! Then we flew to Hanoi then 4 hrs. drive to HaLong Bay & back to Hanoi. Finally we flew to Seoul onto HOME in DFW - all in 19 DAYS!!!!! Here are the MANY faces of Maile transitioning into our FOREVER FAMILY within the last 4 weeks!!!! What a whirlwhin experience for all of us...Now we are JUST BEGINNING to settle into "every day life." Maile is STILL VERY CLINGY to me, but doing amazingly well for all the CHANGES and MANY NEW FACES she has been introduced to.

I got teary-eyed driving with Maile today (2:09 PM CST) realizing it was literally 4 weeks ago to the day (not the DATE) that we were looking into those BIG dark brown eyes in person, for the FIRST time, at Ninh Thuan Orphanage in Vietnam. I had to call Heather from SC (my traveling buddy who got Rocco then). We talked briefly but was so good to hear her voice again. The family we shared tears, joy, laughter and memories of getting our babies together was on the other end of the line, miles and States away, but yet so close to our hearts! I wish desperately we could see Rocco grow up, his first steps, first words, b-day parties, etc...but it will have to be pictures for now. We were really blessed to share such an amazing journey together with this incredibly neat family getting their first born son as well. Wow, I am still in awe of how God orchestrates the most elaborate symphonies in life!

Maile is making BABY STEPS toward "Ba" again as she let him take her up to brush her teeth & even carry her to feed our neighbor's bunny last night :). She immediately wanted to find me but she DID let Daddy hold her again briefly. And, again tonight, she let Daddy carry her to feed the bunny :) and even for a littl' walk outside!!! It's those littl' sweet moments that SPARK the heart to dance with JOY!!! It was a beautiful night outside walking as a family, maybe 70's with wind blowing and that crisp, clean Spring scent in the air!! I still cannot believe I have 3 babies now!!! Thankfully, having a 2 years old will keep us young!?? or age me even more quickly, we'll see...I haven't turned grey yet (and I'm surprised with all the stress of waiting for this adoption to come to life!)

We'll update more as we transition home, thank you for sharing in our LOVE & JOY of bringing Maile Noel Thuy HOME FOREVER!!!!

Signing off, Ms. Saigon & baby girl sleeping on my lap right now :), Maile

8 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

So glad she is doing well. The pictures are great. Her facial expressions have changed so much. You have a beautiful family!

Ly said...

Great family photos. Maile looks beautiful and very happy!

Daniel and Jamie said...

Maile is beautiful! Glad she is transitioning well.

Dan and Elisabeth said...

Wonderful pictures! She has a beautiful smile. Very photogenic! Thanks for sharing. :)

Erin said...

I love her huge smile! It brought tears to my eyes!!!!

Heather said...

She's so cute! I love reading all your updates. How blessed you both are!

Anonymous said...

What great photos! Maile looks beautiful, and I especially like the Easter pics of her with her brothers and all of you as a family.

JoanP

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family, I'm so happy for you Kim-Lan and hope to meet your baby girl in June!!

Love,
Tracy Melson