02 April 2007

Can I order a SUPER SIZE dose of SLEEP, please??

02 April 2007...Monday 2:30AM

Sleep does not come easy still nowadays...The bedtime routine seems to be snuggling together in our bed while Maile nurses on her bottle and then we both doze off. Around 10-11pm or so when I wake up with her, I try to put her down in her crib and sneak the bottle away from her. If that is successful then I tip toe out of the room and try to return back to sleep myself...However, I have found myself reeling with all the things I need to do, bills to pay, people to call, documents to prepare...I am exhausted and yet my mind is awake, never a good combination...I am not feeling well, my stomach is upset and ironically I've returned to "American foods."

Monday 9:12AM - I had to stop the last entry and go to bed. I was really feeling sick, neauseated, chills and diarrea coming on...charming huh??? PLEASE pray for rest and restoration for my body & family...we are all so exhausted and unable to think clearly. Don has been working from home and NOT coming to bed at a decent hour and last night when he finally came to bed for the first time being home at 1am, I then got up...returned back around 4am. Maile woke up crying about 4:30am and then in bed with us until we got up to start our day around 7:30am and I'm already for my PM nap!!!! ugh....

**MAILE MOMENTS** continue to flourish and yesterday's highlights included going OUTSIDE. She LOVES the outdoors, points to the stroller and then to the front door...We went around the neighborhood yesterday AM and again in the PM. Last night she repeatedly ran to the front door and then back to me by the steps giggling...We LOVE to watch her find amusement over the littlest things that do NOT even require batteries!!! **Maile even HELD Joseph's hand to GO UP STAIRS last night. That was a leap of progress from the GRUNTS of "NO!" that we've heard from her for "Ba" and the "boys." Joseph has repeatedly loved on Maile, touched her, talk to her, offer her cheerios, etc...and I know that encouraged his heart last night when she LET him hold her hand going up/ down stairs for safety! **Maile meltdown: cries and cries...when she is OVER stimulated and exhausted (like her Mommy), she cries and just wants to be held. Thankfully we left our first gathering at Michelle's house just in time before "THE MELTDOWN" yesterday. She did SO WELL :) smiling and interacting with Michelle's family for Jeremy's 1st b-day party!!! But, by the time we got home...she was crying unconsoleably until she fell asleep on my chest. We were knocked out on the sofa, actually Daddy was sleeping upstairs and Maile sleeping on my chest on the sofa & Joseph napping on the other end of the sofa!! We woke up with Alisha & Lily knocking on the door to bring dinner and we were so out of it...You know those foggy moments where it feels like an outer-body experience and going through the motions...sllllooowwwlllyy!?

We are going to venture out and run to the store now...she does VERY WELL in the car seat and enjoys looking out & singing in Vietnamese. So, we'll see...thank you for your prayers and friendship. We are so excited to share this NEW LITTLE LIFE with you as she LIGHTS up our LIVES!!! To Him be all the glory!

Signing of for now...Ms. Saigon & Ms. Princess, Maile

No comments: