08 March 2007

56 HOURS & counting....YIKES

Oh my gosh....
I am really starting to freak out now...I am SOOOOO Excited to see this sweet baby girl in person, but the reality is I'm NOT ready - physically!!! I have waited over 18 mos. for this moment in time, and the clock is spinning at warp speed and my brain is spinning - just as fast! What if I miss something big - paperwork wise? what size is she? will she scream & cry when she meets us? am I ready for diapers, bottles, nap times (YES to that one!) again??? I KNOW this is our time, but I feel like I have so many loose ends to tie up...can the DANCE Studio run without me? will ALL the bills be paid? Have I ordered all the costumes correctly? I am REALLY NOT that worried, I don't think!? But, I just feel like I have to be working every second until my hiney is sitting on that PLANE to go to Saigon!!!
I had "the talk" with my agency today re. our detailed itinerary and I am pretty bummed we are NOT going to see our babies any sooner than around 3PM on Tues. March 13th. I had hoped to be leaving on MON March 12th to Ninh Thuan so we could be there bright & early on Tues the 13th, and spend more time with the babies/ children- but that's not going to happen...BUMMER!!! I have to take comfort that on WED 14th of MARCH 2007 - the most incredible BEAUTIFUL, Hand-picked littl' girl for us will be entrusted into our care, hearts & home forever!!!!

"WHEN LOVE TAKES YOU IN...EVERYTHING CHANGES...A MIRACLE STARTS WITH THE BEAT OF A HEART...WHEN LOVE TAKES YOU...IT TAKES YOU IN FOR GOOD..." (Steven Curtis Chapman)

We are so in love with this sweet baby girl, it truly is SURREAL to be able to see her in person in less than ONE week!!! Oh God please don't wake me up from this DREAM...

When you think of us, PLEASE pray for:

  • Safe travels as we go to Seoul, Saigon, Ninh Thuan, back to Saigon, Hanoi, Seoul & then home to DFW...(& anywhere in between!)
  • Our health & stamina to be strong -- we have been sick the past few weeks!!!
  • My MOM (who is my hero, the most amazing woman of courage, strength, love & heart)! She will be caring for the boys in our absence 10 Mar - 29 Mar
  • our boys to LOOK after "Grandma Lizzy" (my mom) vs. the other way around - pray the boys are SAFE & Healthy too please!!!
  • blessings & care of EACH & every friend/ neighbor help caring for the boys!!! What an amazing circle of friends/ support we have here!!! THANK YOU!!!
  • Maile's HEART to be as open and prepared as she needs to be to know WE LOVE HER & have been praying for her for over 2+ years now...
Here's to a JOURNEY of a LIFETIME...through the miracle of ADOPTION!!! What a legacy from my Grandma Violet giving to my mom- then to me- now onto my daughter...Forever humbled...forever changed!!!

Signing off...Ms. Saigon
"Trust in the Lord...He will direct your paths..." Prov. 3:5-6

No comments: