06 January 2007

Good-bye Sweet Lynn Newman


The grief has consumed me and the guilt of not attending my sweet friend, Lynn's memorial service haunts me. I found out she passed away from the battle of breast cancer one day after her service. I had her website bookmarked, followed her journals & progress and while away on Christmas vacation, she passed away and I didn't know about it. She was so beautiful, precious and sweet...I always wanted to help more, take a meal, be with her and I idly sat by, waiting for the blessing to be called upon.
Obviously, we are ALL busy with "life" and it's time of death, we know how very mortal we are. I am THANKING God for a few gifts already from Lynn, the gift of just knowing her, the gift of HER BODY being NEW now and looking "just right" and the gift her husband, Dave, and her children (Taylor & Jacob) knowing JESUS and the PROMISES from God.

How can anyone watch a loved one die or any major life-battle and not know the gift of Jesus and Salvation? I don't know how they get through it...Praise God, they know who HE is!! HE is the Mighty God that will continue to hold them in the palm of His hands and carry them through this. Death is not for the ones gone, but for the ones left behind...to teach us God gives and takes all. He always sees the bigger picture we cannot! God knows every hair on our head, every day of our life and calls us each by name.

How can I better serve Him today in the life of my children, husband, mom, friends, dancers??? Please God use me today that I might be a LIGHT for you...a light went out on 29 Dec. 2006, when we lost Lynn Newman. "I Can Only Imagine" how she is DANCING now. I love you Lynn, forever in my heart...Kim-Lan (Jer. 29:11) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vis Family said...

Hi Kim-Lan,
I just found your blog by doing a search about Lynn. I ran track with her in high school, and just found out about her passing from our class website about our 20 year reunion coming up. What a beautiful, transparent message of your feelings here! And to know that Lynn is with Jesus...what a great gift! Your blog has blessed me more than you can imagine today!
...Traci