05 March 2006

Home Study is OVER with! Yahoooo...

Well, we survived the home study. She was here this past Wed. and Fri. for 4 hrs. each day!!! I was nervous the first day, I could only tell by my rambling at about 70 mph...I tried to be more casual & relaxed on Friday and I think that helped...

We will get approval for the home study within the next couple of weeks (hopefully,) then onto the DOSSIER paperwork. The only discouraging news that I am trying to not to get too bummed about is AFTER the dossier is submitted, we can expect to wait 6-10 MONTHS before getting the referral of our little girl (who will be 18mos. - 3 yrs. old). Please pray we are efficient on our end with paperwork & the agency/ VN gov't are efficient on their end... Now that we are "committed" into this adoption process, we'd like to bring her home sooner than later...

Stay tuned for updates. As you may or may not know, Don and I, have the rare opportunity to go to Saigon, VN on a tour at the end of MARCH, yes this MONTH...we will be traveling back to my homeland (& NOT getting our little girl this trip), but seeing my birth place, my old orphanage & history from my beginning days...We are incredibly blessed and humbled by this upcoming tour... we will keep you posted.

Thank you again for your prayers and friendship, Golden Orchid (aka Kim-Lan)

No comments: