06 April 2010

We made it to Saigon!!!!


Well...after 24+ hrs. of traveling and 3 flights from DFW to Seattle, then to Seoul, then onto Saigon...we made it. We made through all securities and check points... My first entry point into Vietnam was greeted by a VN custom man very upset with me that I had a VN name, USA passport, back to my Homeland and no speaky VN= he not happy with me. But, we made it through and then look for David Nguyen since he arrived before us, we were going to taxi to the hotel together. However, in the sea of 300+ VN locals looking for their party, I had NO idea where were going to find VN adoptee!!! I think all Vietnamese people "look the same same." (ha ha)


Then thankfully out of NO where, Anh Dao found me and Denise!!! David was with the welcome group by this point too, I was SO relieved. I KNEW at this point, we were going to be OK :). Like clowns packed in a car.... Anh Dao, Tricia, Jo Kim, David, Mike, Denise and I (PLUS the driver) got into a MINI-van to head to Sanouva hotel. (YES, 8 of us plus all of our luggage in trunk & on laps!!!)

After settling into our room and getting rest, we woke up to look at our hotel views...here is outside our window looking down from the4th floor, narrow alleys, horns honking and simple living here.

Right below our window looking down was VN locals making Pho soup on the streets. We opted for the hotel buffet for breakfast instead which included pureed "vegetable" soup, fried rice, eggs, seafood spaghetti, jack fruit, watermelon, juices and "cafe su da" (Yummy VN coffee, just like how Don makes for me.)
Well, we are off to meet some VN adoptees and go to the park...signing off.
xoxo Ms. Saigon
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I wish I could be in Vietnam today rather than heading out the door to work! Have fun!!

Lisa said...

Oh, I wish I could be in Vietnam today rather than heading out the door to work! Have fun!!