09 April 2010

Thurs 8 April 2010 - My orphanage

The days are starting to run together and i don't know the dates anymore...but right now it's FRI PM here in Saigon, but FRI AM in USA??? I'm writing about Thurs. PM but your Thurs. had not happened yet...haha!????


We went with another Hoi Duc Anh (HDA) adoptee, Tricia (on right)...she was @ HDA only 2 mos. as a baby and then airlifted out in 1975. But, we have gone back together in search of anyone/ any information at that time.


We got a tour of the orphanage with Ms. Phung (on far right) and she is partially blind. She didn't start working at HDA after 1985 (which is now a School for the Blind after Saigon fell). She didn't remember me of course but did run into the "cook" at HDA that WAS THERE since 1970's - remembers the 200+ babies/ kids in my orphanage in the mid-1970's!!!!! Ms. Chau told me that she cared for the kids 7 yrs. of age and older so she did not remember me either. She speculates I was there at HDA since infant/ birth...but since i was a toddler, she didn't recognize me or remember anything about me whereabouts when at HDA. Ms. Chau was so sweet and i told her i would come back to see her in a few days (if/ when i had more information or questions.)


We had a photo shoot and DNA meeting and it was GREAT to hang out with fellow adoptees, sharing stories and hysterical and historical memories.) It's really pretty overwhelming and indescribeable to meet/ greet adoptees from my "hood," my background, my timeframe, etc... and here their stories, struggles, blessings...Wow. God has had His hand in all of this...i just sit back and watch Him at work. Yay God....


I don't have a group picture from last night dinner with the VN adoptees yet online but here is a pic. of "Bong So" (i don't know at all) = VN crepe-like thin pancake...stuffed with foods i don't know or like...haha. Actually this one had bean sprouts and shrimp, it was interesting... but Denise actually really liked it. We at the "Night Market" with about 10-15 other adoptees...it was a great bonding night and time together!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim Lan~!

I am so happy to see your beautiful pictures and hear all about your adventures. It makes me MISS Vietnam!! Just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you and hope you are having a wonderful time...

Much love,
Mandy