22 April 2010

Missing Saigon...


It's hard to believe I was in Saigon just over a week ago... It feels like yesterday and yet a lifetime ago as well...
I think I will always feel like I have ONE foot in the States and ONE in my homeland of Vietnam.
I will always remember this journey back to my homeland with Denise.
God went before us, was with us and continues to show us more of WHO He is in us today...our hearts...our memories...our lives....
I

It’s been bittersweet to see the way of life here again on this side of the ocean, city life is so, so poor, dirty and desperate
desperate locals looking for money to find next meal...
desperate homes needing renovation...
desperate economy needing restoration…
desperate hearts needing God...


Here's a picture with our new friends that we made, some from a boys' home/ shelter in the heart of Saigon...precious, sweet, generous people that opened their hearts and home to us. Thank you!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: