13 March 2010

3 years ago TODAY -March 13 - we met our babies for the FIRST time

Oh my goodness, this picture was taken moments before entering Ninh Thuan Social Services (Rocco & Maile's orphanage). Heather and I had our hearts pounding and palms sweating!!!! We were in Labor & Delivery together of our adoption pregnancy... ALL coming down to this Moment in Time = March 13, 2007 - 15:00 hr!!!!!! Meeting less than 50 hrs. prior to this moment, God would BOND us FOREVER in a journey to our babies that would last a lifetime!!!

As we parked at the orphanage, we could see the babies at the top of the steps. I could NOT believe MY baby was looking at us NOT knowing what would lie ahead. Maile Noel (Thuy
Trang) would be the one at the top of steps in yellow shorts looking, watching and maybe NOT even hoping we were there for HER!!! I don't know what ran through her precious little mind, but they would soon whisk her away to change her clothes. Rocco was already summoned and being dressed as he would come onto the scene - MINUTES after WE met Maile for the FIRST time!!! Climbing the stairs to her was SURREAL like a scene out of "Chariots of Fire" - we could not climb them fast enough, felt like slow motion....

I held Maile and she didn't cry, get scared or budge...she let me HOLD her and talk softly to her. But, when Daddy held her for the first time (above) ...She was SCARED TO DEATH to see "white monster" holding her!!!! Her little cry - was actually loud, but i had NEVER heard her voice, cry, talk, nothing... She CRIED when Don held her!!! Instinctively, I took her from Don to relieve them both, she STOPPED crying!!! I don't know, but can only HOPE, they prepared the "older" kids that their "forever families" were coming to get them??
I don't know much about Maile's days while there or leading her to get there to begin with... but I DO KNOW
God is good... ALL the time!! And ALL the time....God is good!!!

I had SO many precious moments with Maile... we STILL call her "Thuy Trang" (Twee Jang) or Trang-y (Jangy). She let me hold her, touch her, explore her body, hair & eyes... I SAW the reflection of ME in HER eyes...wow!!! She was/ is so precious, sweet and so unsure of what to expect. I don't blame her one bit... 2mrrow 3/14 marks the actual G&R date - Giving & Receiving Maile.... i will try to post more pictures. Sharing Labor & Delivery with the Willis Family was one of God's greatest blessings He poured out to us on this journey!!! THANK YOU Heather & Jason (& Rocco) ...and THANK YOU GOD for them!!!! (Phil. 1:3)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Willis said...

loved this post!!! so many memories!!
Love,
Heather