05 October 2007

SEE YOU LATER, GRANDMA!!!


Sometimes in a world you cannot see, there's a little orphan child still within me...Lost in the shuffle trying to belong, sometimes I feel weak, sometimes I feel strong...
Here's the family that I grew up of "three", NO Father again, just my Grandma, Mother and me...
A light went out in my Grandma, Oct 5th at 1pm...I cannot wait until the day I see her AGAIN!!!

It's been a bittersweet day for me, emotionally exhausting...reminiscing and remembering MY Grandmother who was like my MOTHER growing up. I lived with her until I was 18 years old and moved away to college. I would come home, she'd be there to make me clothes, dinner, listen about my day, pay the babysitter to take me swimming, love on me with her amazingly sweet, loving spirit. I MISS YOU Grandma so much. I pray you know how much I LOVED & RESPECTED you on this side of heaven while you were here, cannot wait to reunite with you in heaven someday!!!!! She made it to all my DANCE recitals, school plays, high school & college graduation (picture above) but did NOT make it to my WEDDING when I married, Don!!! She passed away 2 weeks to the day before our wedding, in fact our wedding invitations said RSVP by OCT 5th!!!!! My heart is sad, it weeps in loving memory of my Grandma, Violet Verdeen Howard!!! Forever in my heart, I love you, Kim-Lan
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Willis said...

There's nothing like a grandmother's love. What a blessing to have a wonderful one like you did. So supportive, loving, and encouraging. . . it's no wonder why you turned out to be the amazing person you did.

Forever bonded with you through the adoption of our Ninh Thuan blessings,
Heather

Mimi said...

Your grandma sounds just wonderful and she looks SO proud of you in those pictures! What a gift that you had eachother and now you have great memories of her...and I am sure she would be so proud of you today :-)

love, Mandy