13 September 2007

6 MOS. ago TODAY - SEPT 13...

It's been an AMAZING journey the past few months and years to get our daughter. Without going into detail because my heart cannot take it right now to share, but 3 years ago TODAY, I had a HUGE medical scare...that almost took my life. But, by God's grace & plan...He knew there was a greater purpose for me - now I believe #1) to be here to serve Him through my family #2) use my passion for DANCE as a ministry to Him through my new dance studio: Encore Centre for DANCE #3) to get our daughter that I would meet, exactly 2.5 years later from Sept. 13, 2004. Wow, with bittersweet memories of joy and pain, I say, "AMAZING GRACE" indeed today!
"FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD..." -Jer. 29:11


MARCH 13, 2007...our lives would change FOREVER as we would get to meet our daughter Thuy Trang for the FIRST TIME after 5 mos. of anticipation and photos and 2 years of paperwork!!! Heather took this picture of Don & I as we eagerly anticipated our arrival to Ninh Thuan after our 7 hrs. bus ride from Saigon to the coast of the South China Sea, hometown area of our daughter!!!!!

As we pulled up to the Ninh Thuan orphanage, there these littl' faces glared at us wondering what we were doing intruding on their territory. After months of praying and waiting, the time had FINALLY come to meet Maile (Thuy Trang) in the yellow shorts & white shirt - at the top of the stairs. My heart was racing, my tears were streaming and dreams were coming true...right at that moment - March 13, 2007 at 3pm - VIETNAM time!!!!!

As we approach the top of the steps, there she is, being WISKED into my arms...I took this picture right before I held her for the first time and her BIG DARK BROWN ORPHAN eyes met my BIG DARK BROWN ORPHAN eyes!!!!!! Time had stood still and I was looking in a mirror of my past, present and future....it was surreal!!!!

This amazing splice of time allowed us to enjoy "getting to know each other" & smell her, look at her tiny features and just hold her tight and repeat over and over again, "Ma yeu cong" (Mommy loves you!) I will never forget the brisk, warm breeze blowing through our hair on the balcony top of the orphanage....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: