14 August 2007

A rush from the PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE...


Here is Pastor (Uncle) Kelly praying for Maile and our family as we dedicate Maile Noel Thuy Trang Carlson to the Mighty God that hand-picked her for our family. We are blessed and honored to have her finally HOME with us in our CRAZY, imperfect, but love her so much FAMILY.

"Train up a child in the way they should go, so when they are old, they will not depart from it..." Prov. 22:6


She is NOT just "ours", she belongs to ALL of us who know and love her to raise her up as a child of God's. We are humbled God would weave His plan to allow us to share in and celebrate her littl' life.... THANK YOU God for your plans that you orchestrate even tho' we cannot always see the big picture or purpose! "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..." Jer. 29.11



Oh what fun!!!

Here's the Brown, Carlson & Modesto BOYS & "Maile in the middle!!" Here's the line up from L-R: Jeremy, Julian, Miles, Maile, Matthew, Samuel & Joseph

Here I am between my 2 best girls from MICHIGAN & TEXAS!!!! I was thrilled my best friend (that I've known since i was 10) from MICHIGAN came down to meet Maile & my friends here in TX!! It's always bittersweet to link ties from the past and share in our families' lives for a moment in time. Then the reality of how far apart we are rushed back like wind hitting the back door when it was time to say "see you later."

It's been over a month since Sybil left and while we always pick up where we left off, my heart is sad in not knowing when I will see her again. I am sad to see her boys grow up only through pictures, not experience each other b-day parties, family picnics, dance recitals, play dates, girls' night outs, etc... I just cannot believe sometimes we LIVE in TEXAS, still after 4 years now. I have done quite a bit since moving here, did God bring me to TEXAS to get out of my comfort zone? to work in Real Estate? adopt our daughter? open MY first DANCE studio??? I don't know...I rack my brain sometimes, WHY GOD - Texas? why God now??? I have so many questions to ask God when I meet Him someday....

Good night, signing off for now....Ms. Saigon

No comments: