08 July 2007

Oh what FUN!!!!

We've had a FUN & BUSY June and now it's already JULY!!! We were blessed enough to get together with 2 other families that live in TEXAS that brought home their daughters from Ninh Thuan, VN (from the SAME orphanage & adoption agency) as our Maile (My-lee)!!!! From L-R: Erin got Selah: Aug. 2006 (now age 2); Mandy got Anna came Dec. 2006 (now age 2.5) and we got Maile Mar. 2007 (now age 2.5)!
I KNOW what a special gift this is for our girls, as orphans and friends, since I have no idea what happened to the other orphans from my orphanage when Saigon was falling, the war was ending and our new lives were beginning!!! I always wondered what happened to them...

How sweet is this picture of (L-R) Anna, Maile & Selah holding hands as they walk down the sidewalk together...way too precious for words! How GREAT is our God!!! I pray our girls are able to keep in touch even tho' Erin & her family are moving the CANADA this fall :(. Mandy and I live in the DALLAS area so it's easier to keep in touch, what a blessing!!!!
Happy 4th of JULY!!!! May we truly celebrate the FREEDOM we have as Americans in this blessed and rich nation. We have an awesome gift of freedom to worship our God freely and boldly here in the USA. I am forever changed & humbled by the spirit of the Vietnamese people, they are so raw, genuine and peaceful. They have NOTHING, yet they are so HAPPY. We have the resources to have EVERYTHING and yet we are NOT HAPPY. Our thought process is so backwards...

Many people have told us how "lucky" Maile is to have us, when truly WE ARE THE BLESSED ones to have God entrust her littl' life into our (crazy) family!!! We can offer her so many things to use her potentials & succeed, yet we are the ones with the DAILY gift to see her grow up, learn and thrive. We all love her with every fiber of our being and cannot imagine our lives without her!

Since the DANCE concert, we had our mini-adoption reunion, 4-day DANCE convention, then my best friend from MI & her "3 boys" visited us and Maile's dedication!!! Like I said, it's been a FUN & BUSY June...I have MORE pictures to share later, but exhaustion consumes me again...time for bed!

Thank you for sharing in our love and joy of this littl' miracle, Maile & our family's journey!
God be with you, Kim-Lan and crew

Michelle's verse that I love: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..." Jer. 29:11

4 comments:

Daniel and Jamie said...

What a great family photo! Love the pictures of the girls together.

Erin said...

Ah, how special that they are all the same age and SO CUTE! Looks like great fun!

Willis said...

Those 3 peanuts are so cute holding hands! What a blessing that you were able to spend time together. Keep in touch!

Heather

Heather said...

The girls are just precious together!