29 May 2007

Happy Memorial Day!!!

28 May 2007

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!
To my husband, my Sister-in-Law, Brother-in-Law, my late Father-in-Law, and ALL the men and women who have gone before (and those who continue) to SERVE OUR GREAT country, we THANK YOU. The amazing gift of living in the "Land of the Free" is often overlooked as so MANY Americans do not realize what a blessed nation we are!!!

I think I took all the RICH resources and blessings we have as Americans for granted until going back to VIETNAM. I do not know how someone cannot changed after visiting a 3rd world country. It really is life changing and humbling beyond words. We live in such a "ME" society here and "WHAT'S in it for ME???" status, that it's overwhelming to think we cannot just HELP someone without wondering the REWARD that will result for our actions... Our prayer and hope for our children are to be HEALTHY, HOLY, HAPPY & HUMBLE (4-H club) and it's a struggle with all the peer pressure and "cool" tech-no stuff out there!!! It's disheartening to know what our boys know already from school (I don't think I want to REALLY know) but I pray they are NOT sucked so much into peer pressure and being accepted that they are doing things behind our backs that we do NOT know about!!!?? ugh.

I remember a friend in Michigan once saying that our kids REALLY need us HOME when they get home from school, more in Middle School than any other time. I have realized more and more how fast time flies by and our babies are only littl' once. Another school year has ended and I'm so sad about that. I pray I do NOT screw it up for Maile and truly enjoy her "baby years" with us. She is REALLY coming out of her shell, laughing, dancing, singing and even yelling around the house!!! Boy, she can hold her own in telling her BIG brothers if something is not right and she is irritated!!!

I will close for now, but just had to share the FIRST :) Happy photo of our 3 sweet babies smiling together. They are each such amazing blessings and to watch their individual spirits and personality shine is the true gift of freedom!!! Thank you God for allowing me to have these littl' lives in our hands and house for short time to "train them up in the way they should go, so when they are old...they will NOT depart from it."

Again, a big heartful thanks for the GENEROUS service men and women who help us live in FREEDOM day to day!!! God bless you!

Love, Ms. Saigon
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

Kim-Lan,
I totally agree with you. While everyone was enjoying their holiday, my serviceman was working for his country. Anyway, Maile looks a lot like you in that picture.
Amy in GA

Monique said...

I enjoyed your blog. I too am an adoptee from Vietnam. We are currently waiting for our travel date to Vietnam to pick up our daughter. You can see my blog )http://vietnamfullcircle.blogspot.com). I have one biological son. Your family is adorable.

Willis said...

Love the picture of your All- American family in their red, white, and blue. Wish we lived closer. I'd love to hear Maile talking/screaming/singing. She certainly has come out of her shell. So thankful we could share 3 weeks of our lives with you. We are forever bonded through that trip and our sweet little blessings. . . Maile and Rocco.
Love, Heather

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

The kids couldn't be cuter! All your hard work as a devoted Mom is really paying off! Maile is cute as a button!

Paula