14 February 2007

Maile Noel...we are coming for YOU!!!


Happy Valentine's Day 2007...
I can stand it no longer...I have to share with you, ONE WEEK of Maile's dossier heading to Hanoi, it was approved & sent with ours back to her Province. Then, onto the Local Justice Dept & the People's Committee to set the "Giving & Receiving Date." We have a G&R date to get our baby girl, Maile Noel Carlson ONE MONTH from TODAY, March 14, 2007...we will officially be "DELIVERED" our first daughter!!! With over 18 mos. into this adoption pregnancy (& feeling VERY pregnant), we will see, hold & get to keep our baby girl!!
In keeping Maile's identity confidential until we bring her HOME, I am sharing a couple pictures from the incredible orphans from last year (Mar 2006) when I visited my homeland & orphanage for the first time. It's like Christmas AM when you see their faces light up with blowers, "Hot Wheels" cars, stickers, etc. and feeding them like littl' birds, candies that they did NOT know to take the WRAPPERS off!!!! It's the MOST humbling experience I have ever had and I consider it an HONOR to make a FULL Circle in my life!!! My mom was adopted (domestically), then I was adopted from Vietnam and then to adopt myself - the 3rd generation now! Wow, what an AWESOME God we serve...
Stay tuned for updates as the real EXCITING part of the journey begins...I will welcome diapers, feedings, bottles, rocking, etc...just to hold my baby girl in my arms--NOT looking forward to the "sleepless" nights, I get very little rest as it is nowadays. But, Maile Noel Thuy Carlson, we are so in LOVE with you and we are COMING to get you sweet, baby girl...
Counting down the days until March 14th, 2007...a day we'll never forget!
Kim-Lan & her 3 boys...but not for much longer
Phil. 1:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratualations on your sweet daughter you will be bringing home from Vietnam. I can't believe it's been almost 16 years since we met our Angela.....from Vietnam. How time flys!
This is her today:
http://www.waisman.wisc.edu/~rowley/sb-kids/photos/angela/

Reading your blog sure brought back lots of memories--homestudies--I-600 approvals....on and on...LOL

Again, Congratulations!!

Linda Larson
linl2000@juno.com
Mom to Angela, Hanoi